Thursday, June 29, 2006

The worst week of my life!!

Well I am back on board now and feeling much better than a week ago. I must say it has been a rather tumultuous week. In the first week of having my tonsils out we bought a car and got it at a bargain price. Heidi had to organize all the insurance and picking it up from Mandurah etc (as I could not talk or drive). By day 5 or 6 I was feeling really bad - struggling to sleep, eat, breathe - but this is appranatly normal. Then, exactly one week after purchasing the car, Heidi had an accident. Someone rear-ended her and pushed her into another car. The car has been deemed a write off, but we are in negotiations with the repairers and insurance company to have it repaired. The worse thing was that we had insured the car for what we bought it ($3000 less than its value) until I could talk and sort it all out.
Beside all this God has been wonderful, keeping Heidi safe and bring progressive healing to my throat. I can now talk and do what I am used too (although food tastes a bit bland lately). Now I have to re-submit an essay!
If anyone has any ideas for cheap accomodation in the South West, let me know. Heidi and I really need a holiday but the cash is tight given the accident.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hey there Dave, we heard all about your troubles from the Burt's and I've just phoned Win to see if they can line something up for you guys. I hope something comes of it as we really feel for you both and have been praying for you.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David and Heidi can you get back to me. I have found accommodation for you for one week from 16th July. Please send me your Email address as you need to let the people know. Shall give you all the details when you get in touch.
Shall keep working out about the first week!
winburt@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home